On-Demand Webinar Series: Restart Learning During COVID
This fall, social-emotional behavior (SEB) functioning will be critical to students’ academic success. Every student will return to learning having been impacted by school closures, social distancing, and social unrest. In this two-part webinar series, Dr. Gregory Fabiano, Professor of Psychology, Florida International University, examines the need for Tier 1 SEB supports and offers specific strategies for implementing them in your classrooms.
Part 1: Tier 1 Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Supports to Restart Learning During a Crisis
Explore the effectiveness of Tier 1 SEB supports in getting students back on track. You’ll learn:
- The evidence base for Tier 1 classroom SEB supports
- The most effective Tier 1 SEB supports during these uncertain times
- How to implement class-wide SEB supports
- Positive outcomes for classrooms, students, and adults (parents and teachers)
Part 2: Actionable Strategies to Support Students’ SEB Skills
Get a close look at specific Tier 1 SEB supports that you can use to refocus learning. You’ll learn:
- The components of effective teacher behaviors in Tier 1
- How to set up a class-wide contingency management approach
- Best practice strategies that make these approaches work
- Case studies from PreK through high school that illustrate the plans in action
About Our Presenter:
Gregory A. Fabiano, Ph.D., is a professor of psychology at Florida International University and is a licensed psychologist. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association Division 16 and 53 and currently serves as an associate editor for School Mental Health. Dr. Fabiano’s work focuses on evidence-based assessments and treatments for children with ADHD. He is the author or co-author of over 100 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters and has written two books on effective school-based interventions. “Everyday Strategies for ADHD,” the Massive Open Online Course developed by Dr. Fabiano, has been completed by more than 4,000 students. In 2007, Dr. Fabiano received the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the nation’s highest honor for early-career investigators. He was also selected to be a Family Stability and Self-Sufficiency researcher by the Administration for Children and Families to create, evaluate, and disseminate effective interventions to support families.